January 20, 2022
Some of these links may be affiliate links. By using these links, we may receive a small commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting our small business!
Living in Chicago, Mariano’s is my grocery store of choice. I often actually order through Instacart (if you’ve never tried Instacart – my coupon code gives you $10 off your first order!). The convenience of having groceries delivered to my apartment in the city is amazing, but the downside is that I can’t peruse the aisles the way I like to in the store. That means that I need to know exactly what groceries I want the shopper to pick up for me, including my charcuterie board ingredients. Below you can find my shopping list. (PS – if Aldi is more your jam, check out our recommendations for an Aldi charcuterie board).
Mariano’s Charcuterie Board Shopping List
I do like to mix it up and often order cheeses that I haven’t tried before, but I have a core group of go-to cheeses that I order regularly. If I'm putting together a board for just my husband and I, I'll usually get 2-3 cheeses. For a larger group, I'll get more! Brie is pretty much a staple in our home, so I like to complement that with harder types of cheese so that we have a good mix of flavors on the board.
· Sartori Rosemary and Olive Oil Asiago Reserve Cheese
· Reny Picot Brie Soft Ripened Cheese
· BelGioioso Fontina Cheese
· Emmi Kaltbach Le Gruyere Cheese
· Castello Smoked Gouda Wedge
· BelGioioso Asiago Cheese Wedge
· BelGioioso Parmesan Cheese Wedge
· Kerrygold Grass-Fed Aged Irish Cheddar
We've written about how there are two types of cracker people: those who like simple and those who like complex crackers. Of course, I'm a simple cracker lover and my husband likes flavorful crackers. So whether it's just us or we're having company over, I like to get a variety of types of crackers for everyone to enjoy! Plus, pairing different types of crackers with different cheeses adds to the fun of mixing flavors from a charcuterie board. And if you're looking for gluten free crackers, check out this blog post.
· Private Selection Cracker Collection (I love this pack because it has 4 types of crackers in one!)
· Carr’s Table Water Crackers
· La Panzanella Mini Croccantini
My husband is an absolute meat-lover, so this category is essential for charcuterie in our house. Again, I like to get a variety pack if I can.
· Columbus II Classico Antipasto Sampler
· Fiorucci Proscuitto
Extras for a Mariano’s Charcuterie Board:
Don't forget the extras! My go-to foods include dried fruit or real fruit, depending on what's in season and what I have an appetite for.
· Kroger Clover Honey (find out how I serve honey with Brie in this blog post)
· Mezzetta Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
· Mariani Dried Mango
· Mariani Mediterranean Dried Apricots
· Red or Green Seedless Grapes
You can’t go wrong with any combination of the items above. If you make a Mariano’s charcuterie board, tag us on Instagram!